Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Next Girl Missing by LA Larkin

 

 I didn't know exactly what to expect, starting a new series off by an author I hadn't read from before. However I saw on Goodreads that she is a prolific crime fiction author with very good reviews left for her, so that pulled me in. And getting in at the beginning of a series is always fun.

Before I go further, TWs to consider: [serial killer, crimes against children, a suicide, and an abusive, gaslighting husband/ex-husband (who is a police officer) (hide spoiler)].

Sally used to be a police officer but now advocates for victims. She becomes emotionally wrapped up in the Missing Poster Killer case and gets actively involved. The killer puts up Missing Child posters before they are taken and there was one with Sally's face also.She is now worried about her own safety as well as the last girl taken, who might still be alive.

Without giving too much away, the plot is suspenseful and kept me reading to get answers. I will definitely be on the lookout for more LA Larkin stories, as crime fiction remains my favorite genre and this story put a new twist on kidnapping/murder plots. I read so many that it is refreshing to read one that puts a different spin on the situation.

Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for the chance to read a digital copy of this for an honest opinion. Recommended!

No comments: